THE REASON FOR STARTUP GAMJI
It is reminiscent of our Founding Fathers, who were a revolutionary group with a diverse difference in cultures but united in their goal of bringing the North together because the North was facing decades of division.
Startup Gamji was formed to champion a Northern rebirth and a realignment thereby reviving the great partnerships of the Sardauna Sir Ahmadu Bello, Chief Sunday Awoniyi (Sardauna Kekere of Kwara), Mr Michael Audu Buba of Plateau State, Mr Edward Maminso and Mr Jolly Tanko Yusuf of then Gongola State and now Adamawa and Taraba States respectively.
The division in the North has been detrimental to the growth of the region. Startup Gamji is leading the charge towards rectifying this using tech, vocational educational skills & entrepreneurship to empower and employ the youth given that Northerners comprise more than half the population of Nigeria.
By empowering this large number of the populace, Startup Gamji is harnessing a resource that is valuable and priceless.
The Channels that we will use to achieve these objectives are broken into 3 (THREE) groups to suit different persons/teams according to their special interests are:
Startup Gamji is an empowerment vehicle setup to look inwards and offer solutions to the various problems plaguing the youths of the North, to inspire, mentor, assist, engage and train them in the learning of Vocational Skills & IT Education that will give them an edge in any business they wish to be trained in and consequently pursue.
After a series of research and wide ranging consultations with several experienced experts in their fields Startup Gamji discovered that a holistic approach is required to arrest the further decline of the problems Northern youths face on a daily basis in areas of Education, Health, Security, Entertainment, Governance, Parenthood & Child Care and other vital sectors of the economy.
- To keep in close contact with members/participants in Startup Gamji by establishing an open & direct link to management and establishing a well functioning long-term relationship with them to foster TRUST and INTEGRITY, creating a top-notch brand identified by all.
- To empower Northern Nigerians by giving them opportunities and information unavailable to them, thereby providing said opportunities to gain knowledge and develop and utilize skills acquired to the best of their abilities.
- To bridge the gap between the North and the rest of the World with regards to Technopreneurship & general Entrepreneurship.
- Beam a spotlight on Vocational Education that has been neglected, misinterpreted and shunned, bringing World best practices into play and opening a whole new vista of revenue streams.
- Startup Gamji plans to enhance an untapped section of the populace i.e Women young and old. For it is widely and aptly quoted that ‘you educate a woman, you educate the World’. We promise to give a solid stepping-stone to women from all corners of the North with IT knowledge that goes beyond Facebook & Whatsapp, a World-class curriculum of skills, brilliant innovative ideas that will aid towards their journey into becoming Entrepreneurs.
- To directly & significantly make a meaningful impact on youths using our well thought-out work and project plan while adhering to a strict timetable for sustainability & progress.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN YOUR STATE
What to look out for and anticipate at each State event and more
Motivational lectures from seasoned Technocrats and Captains of Industries
Talks by alumni of Achievers in Innovations that have made an impact in the community
In each State, winners of hack-a-thons competed for by business owners/strategists and tech-enthusiasts, shall be announced
Hubs for Startups, Vocational Education trainees and other various talents identified
Round table discussions by selected speakers on our various areas of focus kick-starting an out of the box thinking from our participants
Local Artists shall provide entertainment in a bid to promote and educate the society of the positivity of the sector and in the process sending out encouraging messages to upcoming youths
Government engagement in harnessing the potential & talented human capital highlighted at the event and also, engage in policy-making regarding youth engagements
Our three-pronged purpose is as follows;
MEET OUR TEAM
CHIEF CREATIVE OFFICER
Branding & Aesthetics
Software and Networking